Berkshire Roots Recipe Box
Cannabis Infused recipes from the test kitchens at Berkshire Roots
Berkshire Roots High Street Carnitas Tacos
Your preferred Berkshire Roots Tincture
· 3 pounds pork shoulder cut into 3 inch cubes
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
· kosher salt and pepper
· 1 cup Low sodium chicken broth
· 1/2 cup orange juice
· 2 bay leaves
· juice from 2 limes
· cilantro for serving
- Consider a splash of Pique infused hot sauce from our friends at Tropizen. Now for sale at Berkshire Roots!
How to Make it:
- Toss the cubed pork with the garlic powder and chipotle chili powder and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Sear the pork on all sides. If needed, sear the pork in batches if your Dutch oven is not large enough. Reduce the heat low and pour in the chicken stock, orange juice and 1/2 cup water (there should be just enough liquid to cover the sides of the meat). Add the bay leaves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours on LOW. After 1 1/2 hours the pork should be falling apart. Remove the lid and continue cooking another 30 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and shred.
- Drizzle the carnitas with lime juice and your preferred dose of Berkshire Roots Tincture.
- Serve with warm tortillas, avocado and cheese and add in whatever other topping you love and EAT!
Slow cooker Directions
- Same instructions as the oven, but cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. During the last hour, remove the lid and allow the liquid to evaporate almost completely.