Berkshire Roots Infused Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Want to bring your Chocolate Truffles to the next level to the next level – here is an infused recipe to take your cooking higher.
Servings- makes about 2 dozen truffles at approximately 4mg of THC each
Prep Time- 30 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
Total Time- 90 minutes with cooling
6-ounce quality chocolate bars (170g), very finely chopped
1 each BR 413 dark Chocolate bar (65g), very finely chopped
2/3 cup (160ml) heavy cream*
1 Tablespoon butter softened to room temperature (may use BR medicated butter as a substitute)
optional: 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (you may also use any extract of your choice or substitute extract with 1-1.5 Tablespoons of your favorite Liqueur)
toppings: unsweetened cocoa powder, sprinkles, crushed nuts, melted or tempered chocolate, crushed pretzels or cookies
- Place all the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream until it is simmering. You can heat it on the stove or in the microwave.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and pour the heavy cream evenly on top. Let the warm cream and chocolate sit for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract then stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface (to avoid condensation) and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Tip: Pour into a flat shallow dish, such as an 8×8-inch baking pan, so the mixture evenly and quickly sets.
- Scoop the set truffle mixture into 2 teaspoon-sized mounds. Roll each into balls. This gets a little sticky and coating your hands with Cocoa powder can make it a little easier.
- Roll each into toppings, if desired. Truffles taste best at room temperature!
- Cover tightly and store truffles at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.