Berkshire Roots Recipe Box
Cannabis Infused recipes from the test kitchens at Berkshire Roots
Infused Lover’s Pasta Recipe
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp cannabutter melted (see Berkshire Roots Cannabutter Recipe)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large cans of peeled plum tomatoes
- Small pack of basil leaves
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2tsp tomato puree
- 3oz parmesan
- Optional: add minced beef and 1 beef stock cube to make a bolognese
How to Make it:
First, the sauce:
- Grate parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Finely chop the onions, carrots, celery sticks, garlic cloves, basil; set aside.
- Place olive oil and cannabutter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Stir frequently until carrots soften.
- Increase to medium heat.
- Add the minced beef and fry until it’s brown (if you are doing vegetarian, skip this step)
- Add canned plum tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, [stock cube (if making bolognese)]
- Mix ingredients thoroughly. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook covered for around one hour.
- Add parmesan to thicken the sauce.
Next, prepare any pasta of your choice, and cook to an Al Dente doneness.
Serve Sauce over pasta and enjoy!