BR Infused Chocolate Lava Cake with Ganache Recipe
Click here to see our Cannabutter Recipe!
SERVINGS: 5 Cakes (5mg of THC each)
· 4 Ounces of semisweet chocolate, chopped
· 4 Tablespoons (2oz) of butter (2 Tablespoons infused + 2 Tablespoons of non-infused (plus more for greasing the ramekins) for a dose of 5mg)
· ½ Teaspoon of Salt
· 3 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
· 3 Large Eggs
· 1/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
· ½ Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
· 4 Ounces of Semisweet Chocolate (morsels or chopped)
· ½ Cup of Heavy Cream
· 2 Cups of heavy whipping cream
· 2 Tablespoons of confection sugar
· 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
· 5 Ramekins (4-6 ounces each), Baking Sheet, 2 Mixing Bowls, Double Boiler, Whisk, Plastic Wrap, Electric/Hand Mixer, Spatula and Med Saucepan
· Pre Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
· In a small mixing bowl place 4 ounces of chocolate (chopped or morsels) for the ganache. Heat the Heavy Cream in a medium saucepan until just below boiling. Pour hot cream over the chocolate, cover, and let sit for five minutes.
· Remove cover and stir until the cream and chocolate have been incorporated, allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
· Grease all five ramekins with non-infused unsalted butter and place on a baking sheet.
· Heat chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Stir frequently. Once fully incorporated remove from heat and mix in salt and flour.
· In a separate bowl, beat eggs until they are pale. Gradually add sugar and beat well (about 5 minutes). Add Vanilla extract and mix until combined. Fold in melted chocolate mixture. Once fully incorporated fill each ramekin about ¼ of the way with the prepared batter.
· Divide the Ganache into 5 even portions (about 2 Tablespoons). Place one portion of the Ganache into the center of the ramekin on top of the cake batter and add the remaining cake batter to cover the Ganache. Ramekins should look about ¾ of the way full, leaving room to rise during baking. Repeat for all five ramekins.
· Cover ramekins with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
· After 20 minutes, remove ramekins from the refrigerator and bake the cakes for about 15 minutes. Should be firm, but the ganache will lend itself to a slightly giggly feel.
· While cakes are baking prepare the whipped cream. With an electric mixer, beat
whipped cream ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until the cream develops stiff peaks. Cover and refrigerate while the cakes finish baking.
· Insert a toothpick in the center of the cakes where the Ganache is. The toothpick
should appear wet. Loosen the edges of the cakes by running a butter knife around the sides of the cake. Remove the cakes from the ramekin onto a plate and serve immediately.
· Serve with whipped cream or any additional toppings of your choice. We like raspberries and toasted almonds!